One of the most common types of cramps that are experienced is in the legs. These cramps are the result of the painful and spontaneous contraction of the muscles below the knee. Generally, these cramps occur in the calf or foot and most of the time they occur at night. Older people tend to suffer more from leg cramps but have also been observed in younger people. Although night cramps, or also referred to in North America as Charlies Horse, are very common, the investigations that have been performed are not extensive enough to reach a conclusion about a specific cause. However, some other studies show that there are certain risk factors that can increase your chance of developing these cramps.
Causes of Night Cramps
1) We must take into account that an incorrect diet can also lead to the one with the highest incidence of cramps. A lack of hydration, not drinking enough water, not having enough potassium and mineral salts in our body, or even suffering from certain diseases, can produce them.
2) The cold, anemia and stress are also realities to consider . Our body loses protection, loses its natural balance, hence they tend to appear. Remember also to take care of your stress levels, this tension can also cause your cramps to appear.
3 Lack of vitamin E
5) Weight Gain
4) Low levels of calcium, sodium, or potassium
6) Problems with blood circulation
7) Anemia, Thyroid Problems
8) Also, consider that immobility and sedentary lifestyle is also a factor to consider. Our muscles stop working as they should, slow down and even atrophy early. Once we reach maturity we have to improve our habits a little more, since the cramps can appear to a greater extent.
Treatment of Cramps
1) If you wake up with a cramp in your leg, the first thing you can do is give a gentle massage to the affected muscles. You can even use baby oil and gently massage the area in a circular, vertical and horizontal direction over the cramped muscle, with a swaying motion over the entire muscle.
2) It may also help to apply ice to the affected area. Ice can relieve pain and reduce swelling if any, but be sure not to apply ice in the area for more than ten continuous minutes.
3) when night comes you take a nice warm bath, then, make leg massages with oil. These oils can be found in natural stores, and are wonderful to promote circulation, tone and relieve the pain of tired legs. Try it and you will see how your cramps are reduced.
4) Apple cider vinegar will serve you both for internal and external use. It is a great tonic, conducive to proper circulation and a great ally for muscle pain. We can, for example, get rubbed with him in the middle of the afternoon on our legs, so that we can get better sleep. Also, you can prepare an excellent drink to avoid cramping in other areas such as hands.
This is a tea made with a teaspoon of red raspberry leaves and a cup of boiling water. Let stand for about 10 minutes, then put half a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and some honey. It may seem a bit strange, but it is a very old remedy to reduce cramps.
Diet for Cramps
1) The first tip is: “You have to eat more bananas!” Nothing has been scientifically proven about banana use in cramp improvement. The banana is made up of potassium, carbohydrates in the form of glucose and water.
2) By exercising, we consume a lot of glucose. When muscles consume glucose in the body, it uses other means to get energy. By removing glucose from low energy, the body produces a metabolic “garbage” known as lactic acid, one of the major responsibilities for causing cramps. Then, you must ingest a lot of water so that the lactic acid is eliminated from the body, avoiding the contractions. Drink water or other liquids in sufficient quantity throughout the day can prevent dehydration. It also helps muscles contract and relaxes more easily.
3) If you have cramps, it would be best to stretch before going to sleep.
New RESTLESS LEGS Magnesium Chloride Flakes - Absorbs Better than Epsom Salt - Unique Foot Soak Formula For RLS Syndrome and Leg Cramps Treatment - With USDA Organic Orange
|Catalog Number List||Catalog Number List Element: 12149543031|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 5060339717456|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 300; Length: 700; Width: 1000|
|Languages||Name: English; Type: Unknown|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 402; Length: 1000; Weight: 295; Width: 402|
|Product Type Name||BEAUTY|
|Title||New RESTLESS LEGS Magnesium Chloride Flakes - Absorbs Better than Epsom Salt - Unique Foot Soak Formula For RLS Syndrome and Leg Cramps Treatment - With USDA Organic Orange|
Seven+Minerals Restless Leg Syndrome Treatment & Cramp Pain Relief Magnesium Chloride Oil Spray - 4Oz
Rs. 3,546 in stock
- CHEMICAL FREE CHOICE: Made using pure magnesium oil and organic (USDA) essential oils, this all natural formula spray is one of the safest restless leg products on the market
- QUICK RLS RELIEF: The powerful magnesium oil spray formula with orange, cedarwood and lavender oils provides effective restless legs relief to ensure restful nights.
- ABSORBS RAPIDLY: This RLS topical transdermal magnesium therapy doesn't only have a higher absorption rate, and works faster than anything else, but it's also kinder to the skin than other RLS products and completely safe.
- NATURE'S #1 MIRACLE MINERAL: Experience additional benefits of pure magnesium like quicker recovery after workouts, improved energy, better sleep and migraine relief by reversing magnesium deficiency.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our Magnesium Chloride oil is mined from its purest state and tested to the stringent U.S Pharmacopeia (USP) grade.
Caleb Treeze Organic Farm Stops Leg and Foot Cramps...
Rs. 2,739 in stock
- Pack of 6 10 Ounce bags
Varco Leg Care Therapeutic Phyto Herbal Massage Oil | Pain Relief Muscle Relaxant | Reliever for Vein Complaints 60 Ml
Rs. 890 in stock
- The Varco leg oil is 100% Herbal which contains Aloe vera powder, Pure turmeric, Garlic which has antiseptic, anti-seborrheic and astringent properties. It is enriched with active Bio-Energetic properties of plants.
- Effective for Varicose veins, Spider veins, Aching leg/feet, Heavy and restless leg syndrome.
- It can be effectively used for chronic venous insufficiency.
- Direction for Use: Pat the oil from groin region till the vericose vein affected region. Then well circulate the oil in clockwise direction from the groin to the entire affected area till the oil is well absorbed. Apply 3 times a day for fast result.
- For external application only.